Redfish Lake

Redfish Lake

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Guiding Principles Reflection

Reflection and modification of Guiding Principles:

My (Original) Guiding Principles on Technology Use in the Classroom:

1. I will not be afraid to try new types of technology.
2. I will allow my students to teach me.
3. I will make time for students to explore and ask questions.
4. I will give clear directions when giving a graded task involving technology.
5. I will try to troubleshoot problems before presenting a lesson to my students.
6. I will not let technology replace meaningful face to face interactions with my students.
7. I will not make assumptions about my students access to technology outside of the classroom - however I will show them what resources are available to them at school.


I think that I do #2, 4, 5 and 6 well. I think that I need to improve on #1 (by giving myself time to explore and play), #3 (by taking a deep breath and allowing for that never available TIME for student to simply explore and ‘play’ with these tools) and #7 (by actually walking my students to the library and showing them the computers that are available to them to use before school, break, lunch and after school – I will also make it a point to share with students that my classroom is available OFTEN to come in and hang out and use the computers to work on – I assume they know this too much and need to make it more clear).

Cheers – to you all and our new goals for next school year. ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice reflection. I like your guiding principles. Have a great year--I hope you're planning to carry on with your blog during the year. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing, and keeping our networks going.

Liz Welch said...

You've definitely got your process mapped out, and it is very clearly stated. Providing the Wiki as a portal for your learners makes complete sense. Whenever, simplify as opposed to complicate.