Redfish Lake

Redfish Lake

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Final Project

Well, I am sitting by a pool in San Diego with 7 of my colleagues – hammering out our schools AVID plan for the coming year. This is an important and time sensitive issue for us….however….I need to wrap this course as well. I have read through all of the other postings on our class wiki and what I have been imagining as my final project sounds very similar. CLASS WIKI + BLOG – I thought about a class website – but then thought….can’t I do everything I want on a website + more on a wiki? Yes – I think so. I know you can do ‘blog like’ stuff on the wiki, but I like the blog format / visual aspect of blogger. SO – My final committal is a Wiki on Wikispacesn (find it here) for both of my classes (why have two and complicate my life?) I think two main pages with links to sub-pages will get the job done for both of my classes on one wiki. Links to the blog can also be posted on the wiki, along with specific directions and rubrics. As a first step: I would like to utilize the wiki as a go to place for notes given in class and, a calendar of due dates, and a go to place for parents to find critical information pertaining to my class and the school in general. I am certain that this will develop over time and grow as an essential part of my tool box as a 21st-centuary-educator.

1 comment:

knodelscience said...

Love it!
I also like how you added your earth science curriculum map...there shouldn't be any "what are we going to be doing this year?" questions.
Also thought the science in the news section is a great addition. I think I will incorporate that into mine as well!