Redfish Lake

Redfish Lake

Thursday, July 15, 2010

My first waddle through wikispaces........

I began my tool exploration this week by checking into wikispaces. The funny thing is when I tried to set up a new account, it said 'this email is already registered to an account' or something.....hmmmm did I look into to wikispaces before? YES! over a year ago, and never did anything with it. SO - now I have the 'time'. I started messing around with pages and became a bit frustrated. I decided to wander over to wetpaint wiki's to try them out and found out that the free teacher wikis now have to have ads on them - lame - not going to work for me. So, back to wikispaces, I watched a few tutorials  (helpful) and then dedicated two hours to messing around. Here is what I have so far: Mrs. Gordon's Hillside Wiki Let me know what you think....its clearly a work in progress....but I like where it is going. And as with any new tool, practice makes 'better'. I'd like to link up with any of you who are also hoping to use a wiki (or already are), so please share  ;)

5 comments:

Kate Solberg said...

I think your wiki looks good! The best part about using wiki spaces is that students can edit pages, but you can see what they do when in the administrative mode. I am in the process of making a new wiki because I will be teaching biology instead of physical science next year, but you can check out my old site if you want to. http://solbergsphyscience.wikispaces.com/

Unknown said...

Looks good! I got as far as signing up and naming my new wiki, then I gave up for the day because I'm just overwhelmed thinking about what is going to go in there. So good on ya for being able to think that far ahead.

ksharm said...

Your wiki looks great so far! I have decided to start a wiki for my Earth Science class this year as well, and I have no decided which website to use. It looks like wikispaces is a bit less complex and user friendly than pbworks and seems to have everything you need. Thanks for sharing your wiki!

Liz Welch said...

Mrs. Gordon's Hillside Wiki looks like a good method for sharing information with students, as well as channeling them to other resources. Nice work! I like the simple format of the home page--the technology doesn't get in the way of the content. Maybe you could include a few of your photographs to add some color?

Gspice said...

Nice Start! You've got a nice clean layout that's easy to navigate. Might want to add a calendar of some sort for your lessons and homework. Does wiki spaces have one?