Redfish Lake

Redfish Lake

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Discussion Reflection

NOTE: I will be traveling to San Diego all next week so I am trying to wrap things up this week the best I can.

The discussion on DL2 helped me to see that my colleagues are all pretty close to being in the same place – I think – they have tried numerous online tools before, are excited to try some new collaborative 2.0 tools with their students, but are concerned about access through public school internet blocks, access that their students may or may not have at home to participate on their own, and access to equipment within their own buildings. I share all of these concerns with my colleagues….I think the best we can do is start small, continue to be flexible (as we always are) and strive to show our students new fresh ways to present old crusty science content ;). Moving from a teacher driven classroom to a student driven environment will take more than just our own individual desires to spice things up. It will take another revolution in the way we ‘do school’. It will take all parties including school boards, administration and parents to change the way their students learn and teachers teach. Again, I believe that small steps will eventually make big change – lead by example.

No comments: